The keto diet is a low carb, high fat diet. It lowers blood sugar and insulin levels and shifts the body’s metabolism away from carbs and toward fat and ketones. Then many people choose Keto Diet for their weight loss journey. In many cases, they have question “Can I Drink Diet Soda on Keto” ?. This post is all about this type of drink.
Can you drink soda on the Keto Diet?
No, but diet soda is OK on keto in moderation. Unsurprisingly, regular soft drinks are out, as a single 12-ounce can of Pepsi has 41 grams of carbohydrates. If you want to satisfy your soda craving, you’ll have to opt for diet sodas, which use artificial sweeteners.
Joe Rogan - The Truth About Diet Coke
Will Diet Coke kick me out of ketosis?
Source: Is Coke Zero Keto-Friendly?
I never drink regular, sugar sweetened soda anymore. It has been so long since I had a regular soda that I can not tell the difference between regular and diet.
Anytime I am at a restaurant, I have to have someone taste my diet soda to verify for me that it is diet. I love the way artificially sweetened sodas taste and I do not trust my taste buds. I typically find a skinny person to taste test my soda, because they typically hate the taste.
What is wrong with regular soda?
Regular, sugar-sweetened sodas are bad for you because:
- They are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup
- They are empty calories
- Most sugar-sweetened sodas are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup increases your risk of becoming obese, getting diabetes, and/or getting cardiovascular disease.
Sugar-sweetened carbonated beverages are also empty calories. They have no nutritional value. They provide no benefit to the human body.
What can I drink on keto diet?
Source: What to Drink on a Keto Diet
Drinks tend to be the sneakiest sources of calories and sugar in our diets. Fruit juices (including freshly pressed juice), sodas, and even your favorite specialty coffee drink are all filled with so much sugar that they increase your likelihood of gaining fat while making it difficult for your body to get into ketosis.
With all of the confusing marketing terms like “low-carb,” “low-sugar,” “natural,” etc. it is hard to tell what drinks are actually keto-friendly and what drinks are just made to capitalize off of current market trends. For this reason, we decided to put together a definitive guide to what keto friendly energy drinks and beverages you can consume and what drinks you should avoid on the ketogenic diet.
How to Order Keto Drinks & Fasting Drinks at Starbucks
Homemade Detox Drinks for Weight Loss
These homemade detox drinks for weight loss are a natural way to melt the fat fast. Detoxification removes toxins and helps you reach your weight loss goals in a relatively short period of time. So naturally it’s a good idea to detox your body on a regular basis.
It’s important to note, if you plan on drinking only detoxification drinks for more than a few days, make sure your current health status allows you to change from your normal diet to a detox diet. Before doing any kind of long-term or drastic detox you should consult with a doctor.
With that said, here are some homemade detox drinks to help you lose weight:
- Tea: Tea is a natural detox drink that expels toxins from your system. Dandelion tea, green tea, peppermint tea, and ginger tea are especially effective in supporting weight loss. Drink 3-5 cups of tea daily to support your weight loss efforts.
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice enhances the body’s metabolism, which is essential to converting fats into energy instead of excess weight. Along with eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, drinking cranberry juice is a very effective way to lose weight. Plus, this detox drink also helps clear nicotine and alcohol from your system in just about four days. Drink at least 32 ounces of 100% natural organic cranberry juice every day.
- Cabbage Juice: Cabbage is very effective for detoxifying your liver. And because your liver is responsible for the detoxification of your body, it is an essential part of your detox and weight loss plan. If you have a juicer, juice up some cabbage, carrots and pears for a deliciously refreshing detox drink.
- Cabbage Broth: For a satisfying hot drink, simmer a head of cabbage along with carrots, onions and a pinch of salt, then strain and drink. You can also add other vegetables to pack more nutrients into this hot detox drink, which is very effective for detoxifying your liver.
- Cucumber and Lemon: This might seem like a surprising combination, but the effects of these two ingredients was tested by professional nutritionists and found to be a very effective detox and weight loss drink. All you have to do is use a blender to mix 1 cucumber sliced into tiny pieces and the juice half a lemon. Drink at least 2 times per day. This detox drink boosts your metabolism, which is essential for losing weight quickly, and you’ll notice how it loads you with energy.
- Master Cleanse Lemonade: This is probably the most popular detox drink for weight loss in the industry. It was made famous by celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Beyoncé Knowles because it is an extremely effective detox drink for weight loss and for improving your skin complexion. This is a perfect homemade detox drink to lose weight fast. Mix lemon juice, organic maple syrup and a dash of cayenne pepper into a 10 oz. glass of water. Sip on this drink all day for best results.
- Salt Water Cleanse: At the start of your detox, you might want to do a salt water detox to cleanse your digestive system and prepare your body for weight loss. Do this on a day when you have plenty of time to stay home near the bathroom as it will run through your body very quickly. Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of natural sea salt into one quart of lukewarm water. Do not use table salt; it will not have the same effect. Stir or shake until the salt is dissolved. Drink and then relax. Most people report a bowel movement within 30 minutes to two hours and several more may follow. Once you have cleansed your system, restore it by eating yogurt to replenish the beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract, drink juice, and eat fresh, soft-cooked and steamed fruits and vegetables.
In addition to these detox drinks, make sure to eat lots of veggies, fruits and whole grain foods that fill you up and give you the best chance for quickly losing weight.
You may want to customize your meal plan as per your personal taste. The custom keto diet plan will provide you with many alternatives for your favorite foods that you want to enjoy during your weight loss journey.
Every recipe that is designed for your weight loss program will come with detailed instructions. You can cook this at home even with little or no experience. As the plan comes with a wide range of foods, you will not feel bored with the same kind of diet every day.